Friday 20 November 2020

Work Work Work #3

 

This was a model making project that dates back to the mid 90s. I wanted to make it all atmospheric and industrial and play around with trick forced perspective. Once I had the idea I started with some sketches. Here's a passable one...


Next is a painted sketch of how I wanted the background to look with the dirty, grimy, rusty look reflected in the sky as well as on the bridge.


Here's the finished painted background..


The rusty iron girders of the bridge were made with card and masking tape then painted with acrylics. I made three with each one a smaller size to create the forced perspective. The figure was made with modelling clay and painted with acrylics. I made his head separately from the rest of him so it could be moved in the photos.
 

 Like here... This one was taken from the Daily Doodles on the Mondo Facebook page, hence the joke. The original photos are buried in my loft somewhere...


Mondo links-

Facebook 1


Facebook 2


Twitter

Next Time- I Don't Talk to the Trees.


Coming Soon- Fred Fortune: City of Tomorrow 

If you like Funky Punk please follow, subscribe, comment and share. If not, thanks for reading this far and we'll be back with some more comics and other stuff next Friday.

#comicsgate

#cguk

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your feedback, please let us know what you think. Feel free to be as brutal or kind as you like. Thank you in advance.